According to recent research, Instagram is one of the most actively used social media platforms to engage with your followers and reach your targeted audience.
It’s essential that you connect your posts to a wider range of audiences to get the engagement you need.
There are a couple of ways to boost your engagement. Some of these tricks stopped working since Instagram keeps updating their algorithms. That is why we have personally tried various tricks to figure which trick still works. Using this data, we’ve compiled a list of steps that will trick the algorithm to boost your engagement on Instagram.
Here are the 5 steps that will trick Instagram’s algorithm to boost your engagement-
- Targeted Posting: Instagram predicts what a user’s interests are by looking at the user’s previous search tags. This is why the contents of your post must be related to the niche your followers belong to. Instagram’s algorithm also prioritizes newer posts over older posts. So, try to frequently engage and share stories about your brand. Then the chances of your followers engaging back with you will be much higher. Some brands are starting to buy Instagram followers to increase their targeted base.
- Using Hashtags: The whole idea of Instagram was created on the usage of hashtags. Instagram’s algorithm uses the hashtags to sort and filter through millions of contents. Instagram allows the use of up to 30 hashtags, unlike twitter where people use only 2 to 3. Look through the trending conversations and find out what hashtags they use.
Using trending hashtags is a great way to attract more attention. This is a great way to engage in conversations with various people all over the place. If it’s interesting enough, they may follow you.
- Post New Instagram Stories Every Once in a While: Instagram stories only last for a day. So, we need to make the most out of it before the day passes away. Whenever you post a new story, a red circle will appear around your profile picture. This feature lets your followers know that you have posted a new story.
Using story highlights, you can categorize the share your stories again to feature on the top of your profile. Also, remember to use all the hashtags in your Instagram stories just like you would on your regular posts.
- Add polls, questions and stickers to get feedback: Through the use of polls, you can get feedback on your favourite products. This a great way to figure out where your followers stand and which one of your products will sell in higher numbers.
You can also add an ‘Ask Me Anything’ question setup for even more engagement. This enables your followers to ask you questions about your life, your brand, or your future plans. This helps you establish a very friendly and open relationship between you’re your brand and your followers.
- Being regular: Try to engage frequently and start conversations by commenting on your follower’s posts. This will provoke the Instagram’s algorithm to think that you are a part of their life. Doing this will make the algorithm put your brand in your follower’s “friends and family” category. This then prioritizes your brand’s post over any other posts. Some businesses buy Instagram likes to increase the number of likes to make them seem more active in Instagram
Combining all the 5 steps before and after your every post will boost your engagement, attract new followers, and keep them interested in every new post.