Aside from the fact this is a staggering figure – this statistics also demonstrates two clear points:
- Video content is becoming an increasingly popular medium for consumer engagement, where even Facebook reported in 2015 that twice as many users now watch video via the platform.
- Businesses need to incorporate video within their digital marketing strategy to adhere to this growing demand, and contend with industry competitors.
For businesses that haven’t used video before this can appear as a pretty daunting task: do you create an animation to promote products or services or do you film ‘thought leadership’ talks to educate the masses?
Through Climb Online I have found that one of the most effective ways to reach consumers is through Twitter’s periscope app. For those yet to experience it, Periscope is Twitter’s live-streaming video app that allows businesses to broadcast a video from anywhere in the world… providing you have an internet connection of course!
Unlike pre-recorded video content, Periscope provides a raw insight into your business in real time, allowing your target audience to learn more about you, your employees and your band on a readily engaged, free and popular platform.
When used right Periscope can be a real asset to your digital marketing strategy – providing a low maintenance and cost effective medium to really engage with your target audience and increase brand loyalty through fun and positive video experience.
To aid those stuck for content ideas, the best or most successful Periscopes tend to include one of the following:
- New product launches and demonstrations
- Customer service responses
- Behind the scenes – i.e. ‘Office insights’
- Company news and announcements
- Interviews and industry related news
- Q&A Sessions
Here at Climb Online we use Periscope every two weeks to host a live Q&A session entitled #AskMark to engage directly with our Twitter followers. To date we have experienced an incredible response, and have also seen an increase in our Twitter following as a result!