Roger Marris is an award-winning commercial and operations director who has transformed the businesses of national and international companies.
These businesses span a range of sectors, from charity, luxury hospitality, and family-owned companies to FTSE 250 and private equity companies. On top of this, having held senior roles at casino and gambling companies like WSOP & Harrah’s, Ritz Club, Ritz Online, and Littlewoods, his experience in the online and retail gaming sector is particularly enviable.
Roger Marris’ Career
Roger Marris has been an influential player in the online gambling industry since the nineties, when the sector was in its infancy. Since then, some of the most notable milestones that he has achieved in this industry include:
- Rebranding and migrating more than 750,000 users to a new IT platform through the execution of a robust CRM strategy.
- Accelerating revenues by 35% within a year by opening new online channels and implementing new marketing strategies across three global regions.
- Enhancing the growth of a high-turnover business by successfully launching an online and mobile gaming offering and securing customers from the Middle East and Asia.
- Growing revenue from £20 million to £60 million and implementing new robust processes to ensure operational functions comply with strict regulations.
- Generating weekly sales of over $2 million by overseeing teams that deliver new gaming activities and strengthening alliances with major partners.
- Working with Absolute Taste to initiate and help manage the operations and marketing for Salute the NHS, which delivered more than one million meals to NHS England Covid wards during the first lockdown in 2020. (Roger Marris is now an advisor for Slaw Food, which grew out of this business.)
Before becoming a business development and commercial advisor, Roger Marris was the chief executive of The Ritz Club, where he attracted several high-net-worth players and grew the casino into the best in London – awarded best International VIP Casino in 2019. Amongst the many successes that he achieved for The Ritz, he expanded the business footprint by opening lucrative new markets in Southeast Asia and China, doubled the membership database from 13,000 to 26,000, and introduced a new pricing structure that improved revenue by 150%.
Before achieving major transformation for The Ritz, Roger Marris also held roles as the global head of regional integration at Premier Farnell Ltd and as the managing director of mipassado.com.
Today, Roger Marris is widely known for his expertise in optimising business propositions for major brands so they can leverage digital and international channels and oversee the effective implementation of compliance, reporting, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems. He uses his in-depth knowledge of efficient operational/business processes to show companies how to transform from inception to completion within time and budget constraints and achieve revenue/growth goals.
In particular, he is currently advising a leading Web 3.0 Metaverse company on how to maximise crypto and non-fungible token (NFT) activities through their partnership and business development actions. He now consults widely on setting up casinos in the metaverse and Web 3.0, which is facing the same need for regulation as decentralised finance (DeFi). His expertise in policy compliance is essential here — the path to regulation in the online gambling and banking world is likely to be similar in the metaverse casino and DeFi space, and he has the unique expertise and experience to advise on this.
As a member of the National Casino Forum, Roger Marris also works with other key players in the UK gaming industry to shape the future of gaming education, responsible gaming, and product innovation.
Follow Roger Marris on LinkedIn.