Chosen from 100 finalist companies from 29 countries, they will receive their awards at a ceremony in Paris in front of an audience of heads of state, leading European industrialists, entrepreneurs and media owners.
The highly diverse group of finalists have truly weathered the recent economic storm and together with the other entrants have a combined turnover of more than €766 billion Euros (6% of EU GDP) and employ over 3.5 million people.
The European Business Awards, sponsored by HSBC, recognise and reward excellence, best practice and innovation in companies across the EU. The competition was open to organisations of all sizes and from any industry sector. The winners were selected by 50 judges in a rigorous three-stage judging process.
Celebrating their fourth successful year, the Awards highlight and promote examples of individuals and organisations that achieve outstanding results across a variety of disciplines – from environmental concern to customer focus – results that set them apart as leaders in Europe.
The ten award categories are:
- The Award for Corporate Sustainability
- The Employer of the Year Award
- The HSBC Growth Strategy of the Year Award
- The RSM International Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Award for Customer Focus
- The Infosys Business of the Year Award
- The Environmental Awareness Award
- The UKTI Award for Innovation
- The Infosys Business of the Year Award (below 60M Euro)
- Chairman’s Selection
The short-listed companies include 10 from the UK and five from Ireland.
For all details on the 100 finalists go to: