The openers for the electric garage doors are quite convenient home features to own. But when it comes to getting a new one there is a need to know about how to get it installed.
The following are some of the most important things you need to know regarding door openers and their process of installation.
Reasons that you might require a new garage door opener to be installed
It is important that you first look at the various reasons why it might be the right time to start checking out for installation of an opener for the garage door to your new unit.
- Your garage door opener happens to be more than 10 years old
- The current mechanical issues with the opener for the garage door are affecting its reliability.
- The opener of your garage door happens to be too loud
- You are having concerns regarding the safety of your garage door opener
- Your opener for the garage door doesn’t have the convenient features of the modern openers for garage doors.
Understanding the various openers for garage doors which are available
The following are some of the garage door openers which are available at DoReMi Garage door repair:
- Chain drive openers: It might be the style that most people like associating with an opener for a garage door. A chain, just like a bicycle chain, is attached to a trolley which runs along the rail. The trolley is then attached to the motor which closes and opens the garage door. There are certain modern openers for chain drive garage doors which have DC motors which happen to make their noise levels to be a bit quieter.
- Belt drive openers: They are the type of opener which operates in the same way as the chain drive opener, with the chain being replaced by the belt. The belt drive openers tend to be more expensive as compared to the chain drive model, but they happen to operate in a quieter manner.
- Jackshaft openers: They are openers which have motors that are quite powerful which adjust a torsion spring, lowering and raising the door to the garage. The Jackshaft openers can easily be mounted on your garage wall which then ends up saving the ceiling space and have a DC motor that is ultra-quiet.The smooth and quiet operation of the jackshaft openers make them to be great for homes which have garages attached, especially the ones which have bedrooms that are above the garage.
- The screw driver openers: They are known to operate in a similar manner to the chain and belt models with the only difference being a threaded steel rod which is used in moving the trolley. The screw driver openers are not loved by many people as compared to the other types of openers. It could be due to the fact that, they have noise levels which are high and are past the issues with sensitivity with temperature.
The opener for the garage door does not do much of the lifting
The residential garage door openers have ½ or about 1/3 horsepower motors. You might end up being surprised to find out that the garage door opener doesn’t do majority of the closing and opening of your garage door. The springs of the garage door are what handle most of the work.
It is important that the springs are adjusted properly during the opener of the garage door installation. The garage doors are quite heavy, and they could be your home’s largest mechanical device. Without the right tension for the door spring, the motor of your opener will get a lifespan which is quite short.
Understanding the convenience features on the openers of modern garage doors
The openers for garage doors tend to have come quite a long way when talking about design. There tends to be more energy efficiency in the modern designs. Additionally, to the standard safety features which have been around for quite a while, such as the eye sensors which are known to detect obstructions in the path of the door and reverse automatically in the direction, there are other tech features in the modern garage door openers which are known to be quite convenient.