Nintendo games are among some of the most popular in the world, but not all the main console games were released for playing on the handheld consoles.
For those that don’t want to invest in both types of Nintendo and Gameboy consoles but still want to play their favorite games, there is an alternative solution, one that Apple most definitely doesn’t approve of. It’s an emulator app called Delta emulator, and it provides support for both Nintendo and Gameboy gaming on your iPhone or iPad.
Delta Emulator does not require you to jailbreak your iOS device, nor do you need to pay any subscriptions to play all the top retro and latest console games. It works on the iPhone and the iPad, and there are a number of methods that you can use to download it, none of which involve using the official app store.
How to Download Delta Emulator:
Choose whichever method suits you and follow the guides below:
Method 1: AppValley App
AppValley VIP is an unofficial app installer that offers free, unfettered access to thousands of unofficial apps and games, along with several emulators besides Delta emulator.
- Download AppValley VIP using the tutorial at the link
- Tap the icon to open it
- Click on Apps and then on Emulators
- Find Delta emulator – either look through the emulators on offer or use the search bar
- Tap it and tap on Install
- When it’s done, open Delta emulator and start enjoying your favorite games.
Method 2: Emus4U App
Emus4U app is similar to AppValley and is an alternative in case the first unofficial installer doesn’t work for you. The steps to install are exactly the same as for AppValley except you download Emus4U instead.
Method 3: Apple’s Swift Playground
Apple’s Swift Playground is for iPad users only; it will not work on the iPhone – use one of the other methods instead.
- Open the iOS app store on your iPad
- Search for and install Swift Playgrounds
- Now open the Safari browser on your iPad (no other browser works for this) and open thislink
- Swift Playgrounds will open; go to the Alerts screen and tap on Subscribe
- Now go to the section titled Delta and tap on Delta Lite Playground
- Tap on Ger
- Open the Delta Lite playground and start downloading your favorite games
Method 4: Delta Emulator IPA File
For this method, you will need your computer, your lightning cable, device, and your Apple ID. First, check that you are running the most updated version of iTunes. To do this, open iTunes and click on Help > Check for Updates. If there is an update, iTunes will tell you how to update.
- Download a tool called Cydia Impactor to your PC or Mac
- Next, download the Delta Emulator IPA file and extract it to your desktop
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad and open Cydia Impactor
- It should now detect your device; when it has, drag the IPA file and drop it into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple ID when asked and then wait while Cydia Impactor sideloads Delta emulator onto your device.
- You will see the Delta icon on your home screen and can start using it.
Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
When you tap the Delta icon, you will probably see an untrusted developer error. This is because it is not an official app, and the developer will be neither recognized nor trusted by Apple. You, however, can trust the developer and it is as easy as this:
- Note the apple developer name from the error message (it may be your own Apple ID)
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad and tap General > Profiles and Device Management
- You will now see a list of all the app profiles installed on your device – find the developer name and tap it
- Tap the blue Trust button and close Settings
- Delta Emulator will now work without error
You may need to repeat these steps for Emus4U and AppValley app installers too.
Delta emulator app has proven itself to be very reliable and stable, not to mention safe to use. Not needing a jailbreak to use it is a huge bonus, allowing anyone to enjoy the benefits of using an emulator on their devices. It costs nothing but a couple of minutes of your time to install it so don’t be the one who misses out – install Delta emulator and enter a whole new world of gaming.