Nominations have opened for the prestigious Black British Business Awards 2016. The launch of the influential awards was hosted by global bank BNP Paribas at their London offices and attended by Wilfred Emmanuel Jones, Founder of The Black Farmer as well as other celebrated business leaders.
Endorsed by the Prime Minister for the past two years, the 2016 awards will continue to recognise and reinforce the important contribution made by black British business professionals and entrepreneurs.
The BBBAwards is the only premium awards programme which recognises and celebrates the exceptional performance and outstanding achievements of black entrepreneurs and professionals in Britain.
This year’s ceremony will be held at The Grange St Paul’s Hotel, London, on 6th October 2016, and will recognise outstanding black business professionals and entrepreneurs in six industry categories that are split in to rising stars and leadership awards:
- Financial Services (includes Finance and Financial Services: includes banks, brokers, payment services, insurance companies, credit card funds, regulators)
- Consumer and Luxury (includes food, beverage, household goods, retail, travel and leisure, cosmetics, personal and luxury goods)
- Infrastructure and Manufacturing (includes transportation, built environment, power and utilities professionals)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM, includes health, industrials, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy)
- Arts and Media (includes all media, design, fashion, performance art, publishing and advertising)
- Entrepreneur of the Year (operating their own business or social enterprise for over 18 months as at 5 May 2016)
Melanie Eusebe, Chair and Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards commented: “We are delighted to have another opportunity to shine the spotlight on the exceptional black British business minds and their contribution to UK PLC. We are relishing the opportunity to build on the success of these awards, to accelerate the progression of BME talent in reaching the most senior levels in business.”
Vinay Kapoor, UK Head of Diversity and Inclusion at BNP Paribas said: “BNP Paribas is delighted to be sponsoring and hosting the BBBA Nomination Reception, which provide a unique and important platform to recognise and celebrate the significant achievements that the British Black community make across business in the UK. Good luck to all the nominees.”
Nominations can be submitted: www.thebbbawards.com/nominate-for-2016