Portugal Golden Visa is a program that provides the citizens of non-EU countries residence permits to live and work in Portugal by investing there.
The program is in great demand for the perks of holding a Golden Visa are more than you can count. Since 2012, the Golden Visa program has allowed more than 10,000 investors to invest in Portugal and resulted in over €6 billion capital flow into the country. This means that it contributes considerably to the prosperity of Portugal. Hence, the Portugal Golden Visa is not only advantageous for the investor but it’s a beneficial program for both parties on both ends of the concord.
The Portugal Golden Visa Program has many appealing aspects for the investor besides the residence permit. You can establish a new company and start a new business, or keep running your already existing business in Portugal. While building this new life for yourself, you can spend your holidays traveling to the Schengen countries visa-free. Another upside is that your family members can be included in the program, as well.
Who’s Eligible for the Golden Visa for Portugal?
The applicants for the Golden Visa to Portugal must be from non-EU and non-EEA countries. Citizens of Switzerland can’t apply either. To be a valid applicant, you should be at least 18, have made a qualifying investment in Portugal, and have a clean criminal record.
What Are the Investment Options?
The Portugal Golden Visa offers a couple of different investment options. Each investment option has an obligatory minimum amount. Following are some of these options and corresponding sub-limits:
- Real Estate – minimum of €280,000
- Donation – minimum of €250,000
- Investing in investment funds – minimum of €500,000
- Direct capital transfer to Portugal – minimum of €1,5 million
- Establishing a new business
Advantages of the Golden Visa to Portugal
There are numerous advantages of the Portugal Golden Visa that make it very appealing to investors from all around the world that are thinking of moving to Portugal. Following are some of the program’s appeals:
- Chance to become a citizen after completing five years as a resident and meet the requirements at the end of that period
- Opportunity to travel around the Schengen countries visa-free
- Wide selection of investment types
- Staying in Portugal for only 7 days annually is enough for holding on to the visa
- Access to excellent public and private education
- Access to a high standard of public healthcare
- Family members can be included in the program
- Relocating your business to Portugal and keeping it running there or starting a new business in Portugal
- Enhancing your quality of life in a safe and affordable country
Application Steps for the Portugal Golden Visa 2022
To apply for the Portugal Golden Visa, you’re required to follow some steps. Here are some of the basics:
- Choose the ideal investment option for your purpose and budget
- Collect, fill out and sign the required documents for the Golden Visa for Portugal
- Collect the required documents for your family members if they’re to be included in the program as well
- Get a Portuguese tax number (NIF)
- Open an account at a Portuguese bank
- Invest at least the minimum amount required
- Fill out the online application form on the website of SEF (Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service)
- Enter Portugal for your biometrics appointment and complete your application
- Get your residence permit card
To put it in a nutshell, Portugal Golden Visa Program is one fast, affordable and advantageous way of moving to Portugal. If you intend to relocate to a safe environment that offers a very high quality of life such as Portugal, take action now: browse through your options, apply, and get set for the Portuguese way of life!