In any business, measurement devices or equipment are important to ensure dimensions are obtained accurately.
By doing so, you’re able to maximize your resources, avoid costly errors, and promote a more productive work environment. But what are the measurement tools you need?
Here are some of the most important measurement equipment you’ll need to use in business:
- Digital Height Gauge
A digital height gauge is a very useful tool for many different types of industries. They’re great for those that work in a factory setting, or other type of environment that requires measurements that are precise and can be tracked instantly. Eleymet.com outlines the different measurement equipment businesses should invest on, including digital height gauges.
This device is a standard measuring tool, most especially for a food business. You’ll find different types of thermometers that can help you determine the temperature of the food that you serve to your customers. For instance, some companies use a thermometer to check if the meat that they’re preparing is cooked well or not.
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
A CMM, also known as an optical coordinate measuring device uses a camera lens to measure and interpret the distance between two or more points on an object by reading discrete points in the object’s surface in precise measurements.
Here some essential tips to consider before investing in a CMM:
- Different types of cameras are used in CMMs, including optical, mechanical, laser, as well as white light sensors. Optical and mechanical cameras are often used for CMMs, as they provide better accuracy and more effective measurement compared to other cameras.
- White light sensors are usually used to measure the distance between the objects which are lit by a laser light source. The number of points to be measured is generally stored in the computer software for future use.
- Depending on the type of camera used in the computerized measuring device, the distance between the points may also be calculated based on how light sensor can be programmed. The software used varies according to the camera type used, but it’s usually a common base coding system.
- Truck Load Weight Gauge
A truck load weight gauge is one of the most reliable means of knowing the weight of cargo at any given place, which should be a part of your overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). It’s also an indispensable tool in helping you know the weight of the goods you’re carrying.
Weight gauges come in different forms, sizes and functions. The two main types are the horizontal and vertical ones. Both gauges have their own uses and functions.
- Horizontal gauges are very easy to use. It’s commonly used at airports and railway stations. The weight of the goods is measured in grams and then divided by 100 to get the weight of the cargo.
- The second type is the vertical gauges where the gauge is fixed on a wall so that the reading is displayed vertically on the monitor.
- The third type is the multi-gauge, which has a single meter readout. This gauge is commonly used in warehouses and food processing plants. A multi-gauge is used to measure and display the weight of commodities, not just freight.
- The fourth type is the multi-meter weight gauge. This is generally used in the field of agriculture and commercial farming. This type of gauge is used to measure and display the weight of grain, chemicals, petroleum, chemicals, fertilizers and even dairy products. This type of gauge is the only one in the market which has the capability of measuring the weight of multiple items at the same time.
- Metrology Equipment
Metrology equipment has been around for a long time and in fact, was invented during ancient times. The Greeks created this type of equipment as a way to measure water, wood, gold, silver and iron. With modern day metrology equipment, it’s easier to determine the density of many different materials.
There are many different types of metrology equipment. A good example is a hydrometer, which is used in gauging the amount of water contained in a substance. You can also find a hydrodensitometer, which is used to determine how much of a particular chemical is present in water. Another popular device is a spectrograph, which measures light properties.
Regardless of the niche or industry that your business belongs, preparing and using the right measuring devices are important to obtain accurate and precise measurements. By doing so, you’ll be able to get more tasks done and meet your target goals for your business.