In the battle to succeed in a super competitive world, online casinos use a number of strategies to attract new players.
One of the less obvious, but every important, methods that is employed is offering as wide a range of payment options as possible. So, as well as welcoming regular bank payments, e-wallets like PayPal, Neteller and Skrill are also frequently accepted. Plus, more and more online casinos are now including Paysafecard in their list of acceptable methods.
While this article will tell you all the main things you need to know about Paysafecard, you’ll find lots of information here as well as how to find the casinos also offering the best bonuses.
How Paysafecard works
Paysafecard was originally set up in Vienna in 2000, soon extending into Germany. It reached the UK in 2006 at the perfect time to take advantage of the increase in online e-commerce. Since then, it has expanded to be popular in over 40 countries worldwide, handling millions of pounds worth of transactions annually.
Essentially, Paysafecard is an account that users can pre-load with a given amount which can then go on to be spent with any company that accepts this method of payment. It differs from using a bank or credit card in that it’s a prepaid service with no chance of spending more than you actually have.
Anyone wanting to use Paysafecard begins by buying a voucher from any of the thousands of approved retailers whose details are available on the official website. The vouchers are available in a range of different denominations and currencies but one thing that they all have in common is a 16-figure PIN code. It’s this number that has to be quoted when visiting an online casino and wanting to pay using this method. The casino’s payment system will then verify this number and credit the relevant amount to the player’s account.
To make the system even easier to use, players can also download a free Paysafecard app onto their smartphone or tablet which will make it even more convenient to obtain vouchers and use them to play.
The advantages of Paysafecard
The popularity of Paysafecard has a great deal to do with the many advantages that it offers players and these include:
- Easy online payments. It’s one of the easiest ways to pay online, made even easier if players register and create an online Paysafecard account.
- Safety and security. The use of Paysafecard means that players don’t have to divulge any of their bank details to the casinos they use. While casinos naturally do all they can to protect their players, security lapses can and do occur and this means that Paysafecard users would not be affected.
- No fees to pay. For regular users of the system and who are not converting currencies, there are no fees to pay for using this method. Plus, because it’s only possible to spend the amount on each voucher and no more, it makes budgeting simpler and more straightforward.
- The Paysafecard App. As already mentioned, there is also an app that’s available from all of the usual app stores that makes using Paysafecard even easier and more convenient, for example by helping to locate the nearest retailer that sells vouchers.
- Pre-paid Mastercard available. For people who prefer to also have the ability to use a Mastercard, the Yuna Card is also available. The only difference between this and a standard card is that there is no credit facility and the card needs to be pre-loaded with money before it can be used.
Choosing a Paysafecard casino
When it comes to choosing a Paysafecard casino it’s a question of using the usual criteria for picking where to play online. For example, most players want to find that there is a wide selection of different games ranging from slots to table games like roulette, blackjack and poker. Then there’s the question of joining bonuses and welcome offers. The very best ones of these are no deposit offers which may be hard to find but are well worth seeking out. But the one thing that needn’t concern you is casino security: as already explained, Paysafecard is one of the most secure ways to pay.
If there is a single disadvantage to using Paysafecard, it’s a relatively minor one. The way that the system works is that it is only for making payments and not for withdrawals. So players wanting to have somewhere to send their winnings will need to make alternative arrangements. This could mean asking for payments to be made by cheque, which may take some time, or by bank transfer which will mean sharing bank details with the casino operator.
So, apart from the slight complication of making withdrawals, Paysafecard is a reliable and trustworthy way to pay online. The fact that vouchers are available in different denominations, and even different currencies, simply adds to its appeal. Most importantly of all, it’s an excellent choice for anyone looking for an effective way to budget and control the amount that they have to spend.