With the Drupal 10 launch several months ago, many business owners are still wondering how safely migrate to a newer version and if it’s worth the hassle.
Whether you’re looking to take advantage of new features, improve security, and enhance performance, Drupal upgrade and migration is an excellent way to empower your brand. However, everything can’t be that easy. The migration process from older versions 7 or 8 is complicated and overwhelming. However, the right web development project management approach can help with the proper upgrade planning to achieve a high-performing website that meets all unique business requirements.
In this blog post, you’ll find a comprehensive checklist to help anyone interested in navigating the Drupal migration, including benefits and best-kept tips. So, if you’re procrastinating with the Drupal 10 upgrade, here is your sign to start moving in the direction of your brand’s success!
What’s holding you back from upgrading to Drupal 10?
Let’s look at the top three common setbacks that stop business owners from migrating to the latest version.
- Not yet on your priority list? It should be! Drupal 7 will lose its support by the end of 2023, while Drupal 8 doesn’t have a direct transition path. Now is the best time to guarantee smooth and seamless migration to start taking advantage of robust performance and out-of-the-box features.
- Don’t want to stretch your budget for the migration? Think about the benefits you’ll be getting from making an upgrade! To survive the competition, any brand or business should provide an outstanding digital experience and stay aligned with the latest digital trends. You can empower your company to increase conversion rates and sales, guarantee business growth, and thrive on the market by upgrading to Drupal 9 or 10.
- Is Drupal 10 stable enough? The latest version can improve the performance, security, and reliability of your web platform. Yes, the transition is complicated and challenging. However, with a team of Drupal experts by your side, you can migrate seamlessly for business without interrupting any of the operations and processes.
Top benefits of Drupal 10 or 9 migration
As a leading content management system, Drupal evolved significantly over the years, offering various benefits for its users. Let’s explore the top five advantages of Drupal 10 or 9 migration that are reasons enough for any company to make the transition.
1. Mobile responsiveness
Drupal 10 finally gives users built-in mobile responsiveness, allowing content managers access to administrative interfaces even when they’re away from the workplace. The website is now optimized for any mobile device, from desktops to tablets and smartphones.
2. Robust performance
With Drupal 10 and 9, you will get a high-performing platform with optimized caching, database queries, and page rendering. This update guarantees your website will load faster, improving the user experience and reducing bouncing rates. Additionally, with Drupal 10, you will get easy scalability, ensuring that your web platform can handle the increase in traffic and support your business growth.
3. Boosted multilingual capabilities
Drupal 10 offers enhanced multilingual capabilities, allowing brands to create and manage content in multiple languages and easily switch between them. This feature can improve your SEO rankings, increase conversion rates, and localize your web content to the target audience.
4. Enhanced security
A content management system requires strong security to keep the platforms protected from cyber threats. In Drupal 10, the old code was removed, reducing potential security problems. However, most interface-related codes were untouched, allowing developers seamlessly migrate the data from the old version without compromising valuable or sensitive data.
5. Elevated user experience
Finally, the stand-out feature is the exceptional user experience that any web platform needs to thrive. With a wide range of modules and themes, you can customize your site to create a unique brand experience and tailor the user’s journey. Moreover, Drupal’s intuitive CMS allows your content managers easily create, edit, and manage media content, streamlining workflows and reducing resources required to manage the site.
Essential tips you should know for successful Drupal 10 migration:
- Review your site architecture, modules, custom code, and third-party integrations before starting the migration process to identify potential challenges and areas that require special attention;
- Develop a migration plan with a list of tasks, responsibilities, and timelines for each stage to help the developer’s team navigate the seamless transition;
- Prepare your data for migration by identifying data mapping and ensuring the data is properly cleaned and normalized;
- Test the new site before launching the new version, including functionality, integrations, accessibility, performance, and security, to ensure the migration was successful and meets all your business requirements.
- Provide training for your team on the new features and functionality to ensure the team is familiar with site architecture and ready to work.
Following those tips will help your company guarantee fast and efficient transactions from the old version to the new, avoiding common mistakes and pitfalls.
The bottom line
Migrating to Drupal 10 or 9 is a challenge for a brand, but it’s one worth taking. The benefits of working on up-to-date systems can empower the company to increase profit and stimulate business growth.
However, if you lack the technological knowledge to migrate to Drupal 10 seamlessly, hire the experts to do it for you. Professional Drupal developers and consultants can navigate the process for you, allowing a hassle-free transition. Let the experts do their job while you focus on high-priority tasks. Stop procrastinating and get a platform without any limitations that will help you to thrive in the competitive market and reach outstanding success!