For people that like to gamble online for real money we have put together a list of 5 helpful tips for the next time you’re gambling on the Internet.
Always remember that gambling is entertainment only. The next time you play at an online casino remember to tell yourself that. Too many people get caught up in an illusion that they’re going to make a lot of money with online gambling. Sure its possible to win. You might get lucky and have a nice run of cards or hit a mini slots jackpot.
If you do then be grateful and quickly leave the casino with a profit. That’s the only real way to make money by gambling online. By quitting early while you’re ahead. The longer you play the more likely that the house will win. Remember that and you’ll do just fine.
- Carefully research a website’s background by reading reviews across a number of trusted review portals you can find by doing a simple Google search on their name + review. This will bring up a number of trustworthy online casino guides and sportsbook review sites that have ratings from the gaming guides and from players themselves. Look for more than one review. Look across a number of the websites you find on the top 10 search results.
- Choose a website that is regulated by a trusted online gambling regulator. Some of the Net’s most trustworthy and notable Internet gaming regulators are listed here. Pick an online gaming site with a license from one of these authoritative regulating bodies and you’re getting started off in the right spot.
Gambling Regulators in North America and Central America
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Nevada Gaming Control Board
- New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Panama Gaming Control Board
Gambling Regulators in Europe
- UK Gambling Commission (UKGC)
- ARJEL (France)
- AAMS (Italy): The Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato
- Spanish Gaming Commission (Comision Nacional del Juego):
- Gibraltar Licensing Authority:
- Gambling Supervision Commission (Isle of Man):
- Malta Gaming Authority: (MGA)
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission:
- Jersey Gambling Commission:
- Belgian Gambling Commission:
- Danish Gambling Authority: (DGA)
- Swedish Gambling Authority (SGA)
Caribbean Online Gaming Regulators
- Curacao Internet Gambling Association: CIGA
- DAC (Aruba):
- Antigua Division of Gaming:
Asian Internet Gambling Regulators
- PAGCOR and FCLRC (Philippines):
Australian Gaming Regulators
- ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
- Play games with a low house edge like blackjack and baccarat. Avoid playing games with a high house edge like keno and American roulette (double zero roulette games). Casino games with a high house edge are a quick and surefire way to lose what you started with so its best to avoid playing them all together. Video poker games can also offer players a low house edge and unlike online slot machines, you can use strategy to increase your odds of winning at online video poker.
- Set a budget that you can afford to lose. Don’t spend any more than this no matter what. One of the challenges with online gambling in comparison to land based gambling is that in a real life casino you can leave the credit card at home. When you’re betting at online casinos its up to you to be disciplined to stick to your budget no matter what happens. Don’t make additional deposits if you’ve lost what you started with.
- Bet within your limits. Don’t go placing $50 bets when you have a $200 budget. That’s the fastest way to drop your entire bankroll. If you have a $200 bankroll to bet with then you should be placing $2 bets. A maximum bet of $5 per hand/wager can be placed with a $200 bankroll but no higher otherwise you’ll run the risk of running into Gambler’s ruin.
The Internet gambling landscape has been changing rapidly in 2019. There has been a lot of chatter back and forth about sports betting in the USA. The AP News reports a handful of states are poised to legalize sports betting. Montana, Iowa and Indiana are the latest states to move towards regulated sports gambling to people within their state.
New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Delaware and West Virginia have all started to move forward with regulating online sports betting for people betting within state boarders. There is a big rush into sports gambling right now so be sure that you’re betting at a licensed sportsbook if you’re going to bet online with real money.